Top F1 Visa Interview Questions : Welcome to another F1 Visa Blog on Top F1 Visa Interview Questions. The last blog was based on weightage of questions. I found it to be a little hard to figure out the questions. So, based on another easy category, I have written another F1 VISA QUESTIONS blog. This blog is based on Categories of F1 VISA INTERVIEW questions. Let’s get started.
US Student Visa Interview Questions (Category Based)
(Important F1 VISA INTERVIEW Questions)
The following are some of the important questions that the Visa Officer asks during the interview for the US student visa.
WHY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
Q.1) Why do you wish to Study in USA and not in India?
Q.2) What if you get a US degree here, would you like to go to US again for higher Studies?
Q.3) Why did you select US for higher studies? Isn’t this course offered by any university or college in India?
Q.4) What is the purpose of your trip?
Q.5) Have you ever been to the US?
Q.6) Which US University is you planning to go to?
Q.7) Can you tell me some details about your university?
Q.8) Why have you chosen this specific university?
Q.9) Can you tell me about the location of the university/college?
Q.10) Why did you choose this institute and how did you find it?
Q.11) How many US universities did you apply for? (Both admits and rejects)
Q.12) Can you mention the names of some professors?
Q.13) Did you receive any scholarships?
ABOUT YOUR COURSE
Q.14) What course are you going for?
Q.15) Why did you select this course? Is it relevant to your previous studies?
Q.16) Why are you taking this course?
Q.17) What is the course structure & contents?
Q.18) Why don’t you do this course in your country?
Q.19) How long will your studies last?
Q.20) What is the scope of your course?
Q.21) What do you plan to study at the university?
Q.22) What benefit will bring this course to you?
Q.23) What is the course commencement date?
Q.24) What will be the total cost of per year?
Q.25) Where will you stay with the US?
YOUR ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Q.26) Where did you do your last course of study?
Q.27) What is your specialization?
Q.28) What is your High School, Degree or Master’s percentage or grade?
Q.29) What are your subjects in the last course of study (High School, Degree or Master’s)?
CURRENT JOB/BUSINESS (if applicable)
Q.30) Show your Experience Certificate. (if applicable)
Q.31) (If you are currently working) Why are you leaving your current job?
TOEFL/IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT%
Q.32) Could you please show me your TOEFL/IELTS scorecard?
Q.33) Why are your TOEFL/IELTS score low?
ABOUT YOUR FAMILY
Q.34) What does your father do?
Q.35) How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Q.36) What is your father’s annual income?
Q.37) Where your brother/parents did complete their studies.
Q.38) Do you have a brother/sister, or any other relative already at this university?
Q.39) Where did your siblings/parents complete their studies?
SPONSOR AND FINANCIAL DETAILS
Q.40) Have you got any Loans?
Q.41) What are the sources of income of your sponsor?
Q.42) What proof do you have that your sponsor can support your studies?
Q.43) Who is paying for your education and what is his/her income?
Q.44) Who is sponsoring you?
Q.45) Could you please show me the passbook or bank statements?
Q.46) How many people are dependents of your sponsor?
Q.47) Why is he sponsoring you? (if not father)
Q.48) How much money is available for your stay in the US?
Q.49) How are you related to your sponsor (if not a father)?
Q.50) How will you finance your education funds for 4 years?
(Generally, you have to prove that you can fund the first year of your education but I suggest that you be prepared for this answer)
FUTURE PLANS (CAREER PROSPECTS)
Q.51) What are your plans for completing your studies?
Q.52) Have you researched your career prospects?
Q.53) What will you do after completing BA/B.SC/BS/PGD/MA/MBA/MS/M.Sc?
Q.54) What will you do after coming back to Home?
Q.55) How much money can you earn after your completion of studies?
Q.56) What are your future plans after completion of your studies?
Q.57) Do you intend to work in the US during or after completion of your studies?
Q.58) How can you prove that you will come back after finishing your studies?
RELATIVES IN THE US
Q.59) Do you have any relatives in the US?
Q.60) Do you know anyone (in the USA) in your University?
VISA APPROVAL OR REFUSAL
Q.61) Why should I grant you US VISA?
Q.62) What will you do if your US Visa is rejected?
MISCELLANEOUS (May or may not ask.)
Q.63) Have you ever visited any other country?
Q.64) Will you come back to home during summers?
Q.65) What will you do during the off period/semester?
That was all for today. Hope you found it useful. I have some pro tips for getting the approval for US visa here. This can Improve 50% chances of you getting the approval for F1 US VISA for your MASTERS ABROAD
- Never fumble
- Don’t lose the eye contact.
- Don’t ever cross your hands or legs. It’s the symbol for defense and nervousness.
- Maintain the Calm and Smile.
- Ask them to repeat the question if you aren’t prepared to answer that quickly.
- Don’t ever use too many technical terms. Not everyone is an Engineer there.
- Never answer yes for 59th and 60th if it is a far away relative for a far cousin.
- Say yes only if they are your parents, own uncle and aunt or Sibling(s) or Cousins.
- Don’t display too many emotions. We often tend to do so. But chop it down.
- Your intention is only to study there and come back. Till the end of your Interview stick to that point.
- There can be a question about If you have booked your Apartment or Flight or University housing. Plainly say no. Because this also comes under 214 (b) clause cases. Just say No. And say once the F1 Visa Is Approved, you will begin booking and packing depending on your plans of departure.
- Do a research about your University and Location you are heading to or will be heading to later. There will be 75% chances that the Officer will ask such questions. Should you be knowing about them right? Climate and Latitudes.
- Never ever mention by yourself that you will be working under so and so professor. Keep your plans to yourself and say more the subject than about your guide. Majority Rejection cases are because of that one dumb answer we give.
- If you have been to the US before, be honest. They will have record and proof of our all activity. If your Parents and sibling(s) live or work in the US, be true.
- Don’t ever mention loan 1st. Say Sponsor and Savings first. They will ask about the loan if they want. Keep those papers handy and ready. Buy a harmonium file and arrange your Documents. Originals 1st. Photocopy 2nd.
- Be prepared with your Project details and Certificates also. Technical questions may pop anytime. Be crisp and clearly audible with all your answers. They may ask you to repeat. Stick to your answer and don’t fluctuate.
- Be well groomed and presentable. Wear a pair of formals and that gives you a decent look. Women can also go for Professional One side Dupatta Formal Suit (Salwar Suit) and decent accessories and not too high heeled sandals. We have our lady’s formals too if needed.
That’s it for this blog and I will pop up soon with another. Post below your Queries in the comment section and will answer you soon. Till then check all my blogs and share them.