Welcome again! Today let’s have a look on the US VISA PROCEDURE. Majority of us don’t have a clear idea on this. Let’s explore today.
F1 Visa Full Procedure
Let’s start the blog F1 Visa Full Procedure:
PROCEDURE – USA VISA
To apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa, please follow the steps below.
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form and get the Application Confirmation ID.
Create the profile of the visa applicant by logging into
Pay the visa application fee of $160
Options available for Application fee payment:
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) * New
- Mobile Payments – IMPS * New
- Cash – Over the Counter at DRUK Bank
- Cash – Over the Counter (AXIS Bank and Citibank)
Schedule an appointment on this web page.
Visa Application Fee Payment Processing Timelines – Cash at Bank
|Time of Payment||Bank||Interview Booking|
|Anytime during the business day||Citibank / Axis Bank||within 3 hours to max 24 hrs.|
|Anytime during the business day||DRUK Bank||Following business day|
- You must schedule two appointments, one for the OFC and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
- First, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
- Second, schedule your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment. This appointment will allow you to go to one of the five OFC locations to have your fingerprints and photo taken. This appointment must be at least 1 day before your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
You will need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:
- Your passport number The date you paid your fee.
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
Have to pay the SEVIS fee of $200 at least 3 working days before the visa interview date as it takes 48 hours to get activated.
SEVIS fee can be paid at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp
For your Offsite Facilitation Center appointment, you will need to bring:
- Passport valid for travelling to the United States with the validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
- Your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Your appointment confirmation page.
Following your visit to the OFC to have your photo and fingerprints taken, you will then visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. You will need to bring:
- A printed copy of your appointment letter,
- Your DS-160 confirmation page, one photograph taken within the last six months,
- Your current and all old passports, and the
- Original visa fee payment receipt.
- SEVIS fee Confirmation receipt
Applications without all of these items won’t not be accepted. Be ready with all the papers and Documents before booking the Visa Interview Slot.